Adam Eaton, Cody Ross among injured looking to join D-backs soon
Manager Kirk Gibson started his media availability Tuesday with a question about center fielder Adam Eaton's progress. Eaton is out with a sprained left elbow but started hitting again on April 4.
"He's hitting on the field and he might be hitting in a regular group," Gibson said. "I think around the 18th or 19th (of April) is one month and it's kind of when we'll redo those tests we were talking about. We'll start to get him in some live stuff and if everything is good around then, we'll start working on his arm a little bit."
Next up on Gibson's list of injured players was outfielder Cody Ross. The veteran has been absent from D-backs' lineup since suffering a strained calf injury on March 3.
"I talked to Cody and he's probably going to play a couple games in Reno Friday and Saturday, nine innings hopefully," said Gibson. "He'll play nine innings (Wednesday) probably in Visalia. Come home for a day, fly to Reno."
Gibby said he hopes Ross can get back with the team sooner rather than later when asked about him coming on the team's upcoming road trip.
"He could (join the team in New York)," said Gibson. "We're assuming that everything will go good. He hasn't really run too much because he hasn't gotten a hit yet, so. "
Starting pitcher Daniel Hudson started the season on the 60-day DL after having Tommy John surgery last season. Gibson said he hasn't had any setbacks through this point in the rehab process.
"Huddy threw today in a bullpen that was really good," said Gibson. "He's got another bullpen on Friday. He's going to throw live BP next Tuesday. He's throwing the ball really well."
Last but not least, there's shortstop Didi Gregorius and infielder Willie Bloomquist. Gregorius is with Triple-A Reno as he rehabs from an elbow strain, and Bloomquist is still getting treatment every day for his right oblique.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.