Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 12:10 am
Tyler Skaggs impresses in 2013 debut with the Aces
In his first start of the season for the Aces Sunday, Skaggs pitched six scoreless innings, while giving up four hits and striking out four. The Aces went on to win easily 14-1 over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.
Entering spring training, Skaggs was in contention for the D-backs' No. 5 spot in the rotation, along with Patrick Corbin and Randall Delgado. In four spring appearances, Skaggs gave up 11 earned runs on 14 hits and was optioned to Reno on March 18.
Skaggs, ranked the No. 1 prospect in the organization by Baseball America, made six starts in 2012 with the D-backs, going 1-2 with a 5.83 ERA and 21 strikeouts.
He also started nine games for the Aces last season, going 4-2 with a 2.91 ERA.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.