Grit Index: Three home runs propel D-backs to win over Brewers
The Arizona Diamondbacks offense stole the show in their 9-2 win in Milwaukee on Saturday. The D-backs have now won three straight, including the first two against the Brewers.
The D-backs offense exploded for 16 hits, including three home runs against the Milwaukee Brewers. Jason Kubel, Paul Goldschmidt and Aaron Hill all went yard for Arizona, with Kubel and Goldy hitting two-run bombs.
Starter Patrick Corbin, who won the fifth starter's job in camp, pitched out of trouble early for the D-backs. The left-hander allowed two runs on eight hits with two strikeouts and one walk over six frames in his season debut.
Corbin's early jitters were apparent as the southpaw surrendered five hits, a walk and two runs in the first two innings. The D-backs' hurler attributed some of his struggles out of the gate to an eight-day layoff.
• The D-backs had seven starters record a hit in the contest.
• Arizona improved to 4-1 for just the third time in franchise history.
The D-backs will go for the series sweep against the Brewers on Sunday. The game is scheduled to start at 11:10 a.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.