Updated Apr 2, 2013 - 9:14 am
The D-backs are the most interesting team in the NL
I know who these guys are. I've played against guys like this. Yeah, their faces are different and their names are different and the sport is different but "the thing" that lives inside them I know and have witnessed up close. Bill Boy Bates, Sam Mills, Dave Duerson, Seth Joyner...these guys weren't household names but perish the thought that you weren't ready to play when you lined up across from them because they would hand you your lunch, take it from you, eat it in your face and dare you to do something about it. And that can grind on you; that kind of intensity can wear you down -- especially in a three-game series.
It's not Moneyball, it's muddy-ball. And this experiment by the D-backs makes them the most interesting team in the National League. The baseball world is watching.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.