Updated Apr 2, 2013 - 9:14 am
The D-backs are the most interesting team in the NL
I know who these guys are. I've played against guys like this. Yeah, their faces are different and their names are different and the sport is different but "the thing" that lives inside them I know and have witnessed up close. Bill Boy Bates, Sam Mills, Dave Duerson, Seth Joyner...these guys weren't household names but perish the thought that you weren't ready to play when you lined up across from them because they would hand you your lunch, take it from you, eat it in your face and dare you to do something about it. And that can grind on you; that kind of intensity can wear you down -- especially in a three-game series.
It's not Moneyball, it's muddy-ball. And this experiment by the D-backs makes them the most interesting team in the National League. The baseball world is watching.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?