Arizona options LHP Paterson, OF Campana to Reno
PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned left-hander Joe Paterson and outfielder Tony Campana to Triple-A Reno.
The move with Paterson on Friday night means that Tony Sipp and Matt Reynolds will be the team's left-handers out of the bullpen.
Campana was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in the offseason.
The team also reassigned right-hander Nelson Figueroa, who starred for Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic, to its minor league camp. Catcher Tuffy Gosewisch also was reassigned to minor league camp.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.