D-backs' Derrick Hall: 'There's a lot of excitement' from fans
The Arizona Diamondbacks are happy with the way fans have responded to their revamped roster.
D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall said season tickets sales are holding steady.
"Very similar to last year, very flat to last year, which is good and bad," Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "I mean naturally with this team if we win, we will sell."
The D-backs finished at .500 last season, a disappointment for a team that was projected to fare much better.
Hall said he was happy to see fans stick by the team after an underwhelming season.
"We're selling a lot of tickets," Hall stated. "Our 28-game packs, our half-season packs, our weekend packs so it's showing us that there's a lot of excitement right now for this team. If you don't win, not that we lost but we did finish .500 and had we not maybe we would have dropped off even more but I think it's a good sign for sure."
Hall is expecting the team to sell out for Opening Day against the St. Louis Cardinals, and doesn't anticipate too big of a drop off in attendance in the games that follow.
"There's a lot of excitement going into Opening Day, we're close to selling out Opening Day.
"We don't want the drop-off [from Opening Day]. You go from a near 50,000 crowd on the first game and then you have a Tuesday, Wednesday game and in the past you had 16,000 or 17,000 fans but we're already in the 20s for the second and third games so that's really good. I think there's a lot of excitement," Hall said.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.