D-backs' Derrick Hall: 'There's a lot of excitement' from fans
The Arizona Diamondbacks are happy with the way fans have responded to their revamped roster.
D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall said season tickets sales are holding steady.
"Very similar to last year, very flat to last year, which is good and bad," Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "I mean naturally with this team if we win, we will sell."
The D-backs finished at .500 last season, a disappointment for a team that was projected to fare much better.
Hall said he was happy to see fans stick by the team after an underwhelming season.
"We're selling a lot of tickets," Hall stated. "Our 28-game packs, our half-season packs, our weekend packs so it's showing us that there's a lot of excitement right now for this team. If you don't win, not that we lost but we did finish .500 and had we not maybe we would have dropped off even more but I think it's a good sign for sure."
Hall is expecting the team to sell out for Opening Day against the St. Louis Cardinals, and doesn't anticipate too big of a drop off in attendance in the games that follow.
"There's a lot of excitement going into Opening Day, we're close to selling out Opening Day.
"We don't want the drop-off [from Opening Day]. You go from a near 50,000 crowd on the first game and then you have a Tuesday, Wednesday game and in the past you had 16,000 or 17,000 fans but we're already in the 20s for the second and third games so that's really good. I think there's a lot of excitement," Hall said.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.