D-backs' Derrick Hall: 'There's a lot of excitement' from fans
The Arizona Diamondbacks are happy with the way fans have responded to their revamped roster.
D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall said season tickets sales are holding steady.
"Very similar to last year, very flat to last year, which is good and bad," Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "I mean naturally with this team if we win, we will sell."
The D-backs finished at .500 last season, a disappointment for a team that was projected to fare much better.
Hall said he was happy to see fans stick by the team after an underwhelming season.
"We're selling a lot of tickets," Hall stated. "Our 28-game packs, our half-season packs, our weekend packs so it's showing us that there's a lot of excitement right now for this team. If you don't win, not that we lost but we did finish .500 and had we not maybe we would have dropped off even more but I think it's a good sign for sure."
Hall is expecting the team to sell out for Opening Day against the St. Louis Cardinals, and doesn't anticipate too big of a drop off in attendance in the games that follow.
"There's a lot of excitement going into Opening Day, we're close to selling out Opening Day.
"We don't want the drop-off [from Opening Day]. You go from a near 50,000 crowd on the first game and then you have a Tuesday, Wednesday game and in the past you had 16,000 or 17,000 fans but we're already in the 20s for the second and third games so that's really good. I think there's a lot of excitement," Hall said.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?