D-backs' Derrick Hall: 'There's a lot of excitement' from fans
The Arizona Diamondbacks are happy with the way fans have responded to their revamped roster.
D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall said season tickets sales are holding steady.
"Very similar to last year, very flat to last year, which is good and bad," Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "I mean naturally with this team if we win, we will sell."
The D-backs finished at .500 last season, a disappointment for a team that was projected to fare much better.
Hall said he was happy to see fans stick by the team after an underwhelming season.
"We're selling a lot of tickets," Hall stated. "Our 28-game packs, our half-season packs, our weekend packs so it's showing us that there's a lot of excitement right now for this team. If you don't win, not that we lost but we did finish .500 and had we not maybe we would have dropped off even more but I think it's a good sign for sure."
Hall is expecting the team to sell out for Opening Day against the St. Louis Cardinals, and doesn't anticipate too big of a drop off in attendance in the games that follow.
"There's a lot of excitement going into Opening Day, we're close to selling out Opening Day.
"We don't want the drop-off [from Opening Day]. You go from a near 50,000 crowd on the first game and then you have a Tuesday, Wednesday game and in the past you had 16,000 or 17,000 fans but we're already in the 20s for the second and third games so that's really good. I think there's a lot of excitement," Hall said.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.