D-backs' Derrick Hall: 'There's a lot of excitement' from fans
The Arizona Diamondbacks are happy with the way fans have responded to their revamped roster.
D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall said season tickets sales are holding steady.
"Very similar to last year, very flat to last year, which is good and bad," Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "I mean naturally with this team if we win, we will sell."
The D-backs finished at .500 last season, a disappointment for a team that was projected to fare much better.
Hall said he was happy to see fans stick by the team after an underwhelming season.
"We're selling a lot of tickets," Hall stated. "Our 28-game packs, our half-season packs, our weekend packs so it's showing us that there's a lot of excitement right now for this team. If you don't win, not that we lost but we did finish .500 and had we not maybe we would have dropped off even more but I think it's a good sign for sure."
Hall is expecting the team to sell out for Opening Day against the St. Louis Cardinals, and doesn't anticipate too big of a drop off in attendance in the games that follow.
"There's a lot of excitement going into Opening Day, we're close to selling out Opening Day.
"We don't want the drop-off [from Opening Day]. You go from a near 50,000 crowd on the first game and then you have a Tuesday, Wednesday game and in the past you had 16,000 or 17,000 fans but we're already in the 20s for the second and third games so that's really good. I think there's a lot of excitement," Hall said.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.