Updated Mar 28, 2013 - 3:49 pm
D-backs' Aaron Hill not feeling pressure to carry offense
The 30-year-old also tallied 26 home runs, 85 RBI and 14 stolen bases.
He also hit for the cycle twice -- a feat that hadn't been accomplished since Brooklyn's Babe Herman did it in 1931.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Wednesday, the second baseman said he's been able to produce at such a high caliber because he doesn't have to carry the team every night.
"You don't try to put any added pressure because you know the other guys are working just as hard next to you, behind you, in front of you, whatever it is, so it's nice to have that feeling," he said.
They say baseball is the only sport where a person who gets a hit a third of the time is considered a great success.
"It's a game of failure so to speak," Hill said. "So as long as you know you're working and doing everything you can, hey, good things are going to happen and there's plenty of ways to win a ball game.
"You don't have to go four-for-four every night."
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.