Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 12:00 pm
D-backs 19th most valuable MLB team, according to Forbes
Current Value: $584 mill.
Revenue 2012: $195 mill.
Operating Income 2012: $7.6 mill.
The Diamondbacks want to shift ownership of $354 million Chase Field from Maricopa County to the city of Phoenix so that the team would have more say in the stadium's management and generate more revenue from staging non-baseball events.
According to the article, the average baseball team is now worth $744 million, which is 23% more than a year ago. Forbes said it is the largest increase since they began calculating each team's value in 1998.
The Colorado Rockies rank below the D-backs at No. 25, while the San Diego Padres are at No. 18, the San Francisco Giants at No. 7 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 2.
The New York Yankees rank No. 1 overall with a value of $2.3 billion -- $700 million more than the second place Dodgers.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.