Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Fantasy Baseball Weekly - Draft Preview
Before you know it, they're all gone and you have 20 picks left to go. Take my advice and fill your roster with sleeper mid-to-late-round picks like these guys! To succeed at Fantasy Baseball, you need to be adept at identifying the available players who provide the highest value to your team. Hit a home run with Astros 2B Jose Altuve in the eighth or ninth round or pick up Mariners infielder Kyle Seager to provide depth and give you a little extra power.
A player like new Arizona Diamondback Martin Prado, who is eligible at four positions, is much more valuable to a team than an equally talented OF. A guy like Prado may ride your bench most of the week but on Mondays and Thursdays when there aren't as many games, you can plug him in almost anywhere for a start. Other players eligible for at least three positions include Tampa Bay's Ben Zobrist, Mark Trumbo of the Angels and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier. Their stats may be worthy of a seventh round pick or later but their value to an active manager is sky high!
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.