Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Fantasy Baseball Weekly - Draft Preview
Before you know it, they're all gone and you have 20 picks left to go. Take my advice and fill your roster with sleeper mid-to-late-round picks like these guys! To succeed at Fantasy Baseball, you need to be adept at identifying the available players who provide the highest value to your team. Hit a home run with Astros 2B Jose Altuve in the eighth or ninth round or pick up Mariners infielder Kyle Seager to provide depth and give you a little extra power.
A player like new Arizona Diamondback Martin Prado, who is eligible at four positions, is much more valuable to a team than an equally talented OF. A guy like Prado may ride your bench most of the week but on Mondays and Thursdays when there aren't as many games, you can plug him in almost anywhere for a start. Other players eligible for at least three positions include Tampa Bay's Ben Zobrist, Mark Trumbo of the Angels and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier. Their stats may be worthy of a seventh round pick or later but their value to an active manager is sky high!
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.