Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Fantasy Baseball Weekly - Draft Preview
Before you know it, they're all gone and you have 20 picks left to go. Take my advice and fill your roster with sleeper mid-to-late-round picks like these guys! To succeed at Fantasy Baseball, you need to be adept at identifying the available players who provide the highest value to your team. Hit a home run with Astros 2B Jose Altuve in the eighth or ninth round or pick up Mariners infielder Kyle Seager to provide depth and give you a little extra power.
A player like new Arizona Diamondback Martin Prado, who is eligible at four positions, is much more valuable to a team than an equally talented OF. A guy like Prado may ride your bench most of the week but on Mondays and Thursdays when there aren't as many games, you can plug him in almost anywhere for a start. Other players eligible for at least three positions include Tampa Bay's Ben Zobrist, Mark Trumbo of the Angels and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier. Their stats may be worthy of a seventh round pick or later but their value to an active manager is sky high!
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.