Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Fantasy Baseball Weekly - Draft Preview
Before you know it, they're all gone and you have 20 picks left to go. Take my advice and fill your roster with sleeper mid-to-late-round picks like these guys! To succeed at Fantasy Baseball, you need to be adept at identifying the available players who provide the highest value to your team. Hit a home run with Astros 2B Jose Altuve in the eighth or ninth round or pick up Mariners infielder Kyle Seager to provide depth and give you a little extra power.
A player like new Arizona Diamondback Martin Prado, who is eligible at four positions, is much more valuable to a team than an equally talented OF. A guy like Prado may ride your bench most of the week but on Mondays and Thursdays when there aren't as many games, you can plug him in almost anywhere for a start. Other players eligible for at least three positions include Tampa Bay's Ben Zobrist, Mark Trumbo of the Angels and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier. Their stats may be worthy of a seventh round pick or later but their value to an active manager is sky high!
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.