Updated Mar 22, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Corbin, D-backs take down Indians Friday night
Corbin looked sharp early, posting zeroes on the scoreboard in each of the first two innings, as well as his final two. In total, Corbin threw five innings, allowed two earned runs on three hits with three walks and four strikeouts.
The Diamondbacks' offense, aided by a couple of timely Cleveland errors, managed to score seven runs on seven hits over the course of the game.
David Hernandez gave up a towering two-run home run to Mark Reynolds in the bottom of the sixth inning. The ball cleared the scoreboard in left field before finally hitting the ground.
Prior to the game the D-backs announced that they would be without the services of centerfielder Adam Eaton for 6-8 while he recovers from a strained UCL in his left arm.
"My goal right now is just to go out there and get ready for the season," D-backs starter Patrick Corbin said. "But I feel like I've done everything they've asked and I feel capable if they pick me for that spot to go out there and compete with everybody."
• Arizona is now 7-4-1 in its last 12 games.
• The attendance for the game was 8,016
The Diamondbacks head to Surprise tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. to take on the Kansas City Royals. Randall Delgado will be on the mound for Arizona taking on Ervin Santana of the Royals.
Charlie Feinerman, Contributor - ArizonaSports.com
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.