Updated Mar 22, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Corbin, D-backs take down Indians Friday night
Corbin looked sharp early, posting zeroes on the scoreboard in each of the first two innings, as well as his final two. In total, Corbin threw five innings, allowed two earned runs on three hits with three walks and four strikeouts.
The Diamondbacks' offense, aided by a couple of timely Cleveland errors, managed to score seven runs on seven hits over the course of the game.
David Hernandez gave up a towering two-run home run to Mark Reynolds in the bottom of the sixth inning. The ball cleared the scoreboard in left field before finally hitting the ground.
Prior to the game the D-backs announced that they would be without the services of centerfielder Adam Eaton for 6-8 while he recovers from a strained UCL in his left arm.
"My goal right now is just to go out there and get ready for the season," D-backs starter Patrick Corbin said. "But I feel like I've done everything they've asked and I feel capable if they pick me for that spot to go out there and compete with everybody."
• Arizona is now 7-4-1 in its last 12 games.
• The attendance for the game was 8,016
The Diamondbacks head to Surprise tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. to take on the Kansas City Royals. Randall Delgado will be on the mound for Arizona taking on Ervin Santana of the Royals.
Charlie Feinerman, Contributor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.