Updated Mar 22, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Corbin, D-backs take down Indians Friday night
Corbin looked sharp early, posting zeroes on the scoreboard in each of the first two innings, as well as his final two. In total, Corbin threw five innings, allowed two earned runs on three hits with three walks and four strikeouts.
The Diamondbacks' offense, aided by a couple of timely Cleveland errors, managed to score seven runs on seven hits over the course of the game.
David Hernandez gave up a towering two-run home run to Mark Reynolds in the bottom of the sixth inning. The ball cleared the scoreboard in left field before finally hitting the ground.
Prior to the game the D-backs announced that they would be without the services of centerfielder Adam Eaton for 6-8 while he recovers from a strained UCL in his left arm.
"My goal right now is just to go out there and get ready for the season," D-backs starter Patrick Corbin said. "But I feel like I've done everything they've asked and I feel capable if they pick me for that spot to go out there and compete with everybody."
• Arizona is now 7-4-1 in its last 12 games.
• The attendance for the game was 8,016
The Diamondbacks head to Surprise tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. to take on the Kansas City Royals. Randall Delgado will be on the mound for Arizona taking on Ervin Santana of the Royals.
Charlie Feinerman, Contributor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.