Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Wade Miley felt good after intrasquad outing
"I felt good," Miley said of his outing. "It was good to get back out there and kind of have some success. I threw strikes and the ball was coming out good, so I'm happy."
After being scratched Tuesday Miley said his arm was feeling a little tight and he was experiencing a bit of "dead arm," but felt it was nothing to be concerned about.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said the decision to shut Miley down was an easy one at this point.
"I just think where we are in spring training we made the decision to back him down and it was either let him throw and hope it goes away or back him off and have him miss a start and try and freshen his arm. He really only didn't throw for maybe two or three days."
Gibson also said Miley wanted to push ahead, but both agreed that he looked and felt better Monday after some time off.
"I didn't see what the radar said but I could tell his arm was quicker," said Gibson. "It was just coming out better and it was free and easy and did what he wanted to do. I think it was a good day for him."
Reports were that Miley was hitting 93 mph on the radar gun compared to 83 mph last Sunday.
"Yeah it helped out a lot I guess," Miley said about his short time off. "It did feel a lot better and I was able to locate. It felt good."
Miley said he'll be ready to go when the season starts and Gibson seemed to think he should be able to get up to 100 pitches in spring, barring any additional setbacks.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.