Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Wade Miley felt good after intrasquad outing
"I felt good," Miley said of his outing. "It was good to get back out there and kind of have some success. I threw strikes and the ball was coming out good, so I'm happy."
After being scratched Tuesday Miley said his arm was feeling a little tight and he was experiencing a bit of "dead arm," but felt it was nothing to be concerned about.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said the decision to shut Miley down was an easy one at this point.
"I just think where we are in spring training we made the decision to back him down and it was either let him throw and hope it goes away or back him off and have him miss a start and try and freshen his arm. He really only didn't throw for maybe two or three days."
Gibson also said Miley wanted to push ahead, but both agreed that he looked and felt better Monday after some time off.
"I didn't see what the radar said but I could tell his arm was quicker," said Gibson. "It was just coming out better and it was free and easy and did what he wanted to do. I think it was a good day for him."
Reports were that Miley was hitting 93 mph on the radar gun compared to 83 mph last Sunday.
"Yeah it helped out a lot I guess," Miley said about his short time off. "It did feel a lot better and I was able to locate. It felt good."
Miley said he'll be ready to go when the season starts and Gibson seemed to think he should be able to get up to 100 pitches in spring, barring any additional setbacks.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.