Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Wade Miley felt good after intrasquad outing
"I felt good," Miley said of his outing. "It was good to get back out there and kind of have some success. I threw strikes and the ball was coming out good, so I'm happy."
After being scratched Tuesday Miley said his arm was feeling a little tight and he was experiencing a bit of "dead arm," but felt it was nothing to be concerned about.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said the decision to shut Miley down was an easy one at this point.
"I just think where we are in spring training we made the decision to back him down and it was either let him throw and hope it goes away or back him off and have him miss a start and try and freshen his arm. He really only didn't throw for maybe two or three days."
Gibson also said Miley wanted to push ahead, but both agreed that he looked and felt better Monday after some time off.
"I didn't see what the radar said but I could tell his arm was quicker," said Gibson. "It was just coming out better and it was free and easy and did what he wanted to do. I think it was a good day for him."
Reports were that Miley was hitting 93 mph on the radar gun compared to 83 mph last Sunday.
"Yeah it helped out a lot I guess," Miley said about his short time off. "It did feel a lot better and I was able to locate. It felt good."
Miley said he'll be ready to go when the season starts and Gibson seemed to think he should be able to get up to 100 pitches in spring, barring any additional setbacks.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.