Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Wade Miley felt good after intrasquad outing
"I felt good," Miley said of his outing. "It was good to get back out there and kind of have some success. I threw strikes and the ball was coming out good, so I'm happy."
After being scratched Tuesday Miley said his arm was feeling a little tight and he was experiencing a bit of "dead arm," but felt it was nothing to be concerned about.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said the decision to shut Miley down was an easy one at this point.
"I just think where we are in spring training we made the decision to back him down and it was either let him throw and hope it goes away or back him off and have him miss a start and try and freshen his arm. He really only didn't throw for maybe two or three days."
Gibson also said Miley wanted to push ahead, but both agreed that he looked and felt better Monday after some time off.
"I didn't see what the radar said but I could tell his arm was quicker," said Gibson. "It was just coming out better and it was free and easy and did what he wanted to do. I think it was a good day for him."
Reports were that Miley was hitting 93 mph on the radar gun compared to 83 mph last Sunday.
"Yeah it helped out a lot I guess," Miley said about his short time off. "It did feel a lot better and I was able to locate. It felt good."
Miley said he'll be ready to go when the season starts and Gibson seemed to think he should be able to get up to 100 pitches in spring, barring any additional setbacks.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.