Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 4:17 pm
Corbin strong in D-backs' win over Mariners
He did not hurt his chances with a four-inning performance Tuesday afternoon against the Seattle Mariners in front of 7,015 fans at the Peoria Sports Complex.
"I wasn't really tired at all, felt like I could've went a couple of more actually," he said of his longest outing of the spring thus far.
The Diamondbacks beat the Mariners, 5-4, ending a two-game losing streak.
Corbin, who earned the win and improved his spring record to 2-0, allowed one run on four hits. He struck out a pair and did not issue a walk while throwing 57 pitches, 38 for strikes.
He has a 4.50 ERA (5 ER in 10 IP) in four appearances, including two starts.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks got home runs from both Eric Hinske and Mark Teahen, each hitting their first of the Cactus League. Teahen went the other way on his three-run shot, putting the ball on the lawn in left field.
Paul Goldschmidt added an RBI single. He has hit safely in 11 straight games (.406, 13-for-32) with seven walks.
He said it
"The three of us are all going out there, fighting for it," Corbin said of battling Tyler Skaggs and Randall Delgado for the fifth spot in the starting rotation. "You got to go out there and just pitch your game. I feel like that's what I've been doing; just going to go out there and show them what I did last year."
Coming up next
The Diamondbacks (7-9-1) host the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday, March 14. The game at Salt River Fields will start at 7:10. It's the D-backs' second Cactus League night game. Those scheduled to pitch include Randall Delgado, Charles Brewer, JJ Putz, Garrett Mock and Zeke Spruill.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.