Seven D-backs represent three countries in WBC
The USA, Venezuela and Puerto Rico each had at least one D-back take the field wearing their nation's colors.
Gerardo Parra, Miguel Montero and Martin Prado all saw playing time for Venezuela in their three pool games.
The new D-back Prado led Venezuela, hitting .455 (5 for 11) with two doubles, two RBIs, two walks and two runs through pool play. Prado's performance put him in the top 15 of all hitters in the WBC at the end of the weekend.
While Prado is expected to play third base for the Diamondbacks, he patrolled left field for Venezuela in two of the team's three games.
Montero went 2 for 7 with a double, an RBI and two strikeouts in three games, while Parra went 0 for 8 with two walks and a pair of strikeouts.
For the Americans, Willie Bloomquist, Heath Bell and David Hernandez all saw limited playing time.
Bloomquist did not see an at-bat through three games, but pinch ran and scored against Canada on Sunday.
Bell and Hernandez each took the mound once, but it's the new D-back that had the better outing.
The ex-Marlin Bell earned the win in Sunday's victory over Canada after not allowing a hit or a run in his lone inning of work.
Hernandez, on the other hand, threw two-thirds of the 8th inning after giving up three hits and one run for an ERA of 13.50.
For Puerto Rico, Nelson Figueroa dealt for four innings against Venezuela on Saturday, giving up five hits and two runs in their 6-3 victory. The 38-year-old earned one of Puerto Rico's two wins in pool play.
One of the two teams with D-backs still on the roster will be eliminated on Tuesday, as Puerto Rico faces off against team USA at 8 p.m. ET in Miami.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.