Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:00 pm
Seven D-backs represent three countries in WBC
The USA, Venezuela and Puerto Rico each had at least one D-back take the field wearing their nation's colors.
Gerardo Parra, Miguel Montero and Martin Prado all saw playing time for Venezuela in their three pool games.
The new D-back Prado led Venezuela, hitting .455 (5 for 11) with two doubles, two RBIs, two walks and two runs through pool play. Prado's performance put him in the top 15 of all hitters in the WBC at the end of the weekend.
While Prado is expected to play third base for the Diamondbacks, he patrolled left field for Venezuela in two of the team's three games.
Montero went 2 for 7 with a double, an RBI and two strikeouts in three games, while Parra went 0 for 8 with two walks and a pair of strikeouts.
For the Americans, Willie Bloomquist, Heath Bell and David Hernandez all saw limited playing time.
Bloomquist did not see an at-bat through three games, but pinch ran and scored against Canada on Sunday.
Bell and Hernandez each took the mound once, but it's the new D-back that had the better outing.
The ex-Marlin Bell earned the win in Sunday's victory over Canada after not allowing a hit or a run in his lone inning of work.
Hernandez, on the other hand, threw two-thirds of the 8th inning after giving up three hits and one run for an ERA of 13.50.
For Puerto Rico, Nelson Figueroa dealt for four innings against Venezuela on Saturday, giving up five hits and two runs in their 6-3 victory. The 38-year-old earned one of Puerto Rico's two wins in pool play.
One of the two teams with D-backs still on the roster will be eliminated on Tuesday, as Puerto Rico faces off against team USA at 8 p.m. ET in Miami.
- Rookie makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.