Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:00 pm
Seven D-backs represent three countries in WBC
The USA, Venezuela and Puerto Rico each had at least one D-back take the field wearing their nation's colors.
Gerardo Parra, Miguel Montero and Martin Prado all saw playing time for Venezuela in their three pool games.
The new D-back Prado led Venezuela, hitting .455 (5 for 11) with two doubles, two RBIs, two walks and two runs through pool play. Prado's performance put him in the top 15 of all hitters in the WBC at the end of the weekend.
While Prado is expected to play third base for the Diamondbacks, he patrolled left field for Venezuela in two of the team's three games.
Montero went 2 for 7 with a double, an RBI and two strikeouts in three games, while Parra went 0 for 8 with two walks and a pair of strikeouts.
For the Americans, Willie Bloomquist, Heath Bell and David Hernandez all saw limited playing time.
Bloomquist did not see an at-bat through three games, but pinch ran and scored against Canada on Sunday.
Bell and Hernandez each took the mound once, but it's the new D-back that had the better outing.
The ex-Marlin Bell earned the win in Sunday's victory over Canada after not allowing a hit or a run in his lone inning of work.
Hernandez, on the other hand, threw two-thirds of the 8th inning after giving up three hits and one run for an ERA of 13.50.
For Puerto Rico, Nelson Figueroa dealt for four innings against Venezuela on Saturday, giving up five hits and two runs in their 6-3 victory. The 38-year-old earned one of Puerto Rico's two wins in pool play.
One of the two teams with D-backs still on the roster will be eliminated on Tuesday, as Puerto Rico faces off against team USA at 8 p.m. ET in Miami.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?