MLB analyst: D-backs are still NL West underdogs
The D-backs made a lot of roster moves, acquiring players many deem as "gritty".
MLB Network analyst Harold Reynolds told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that the D-backs shouldn't be satisfied with that title describing their roster.
"I think the gritty term is a terrible term in baseball," Reynolds said. "Most guys should be gritty anyway."
With the competition in the NL West, Reynolds said the D-backs will need to be much more than gritty to win this division.
"I think the Giants and the Dodgers are the class of the NL West and maybe in the NL," Reynolds said. "It's going to come down to the pitching with the Diamondbacks, which I think is really the strong suit of that club. That pitching is going to carry them more than the offense."
Reynolds isn't ruling out the D-backs in the divisional hunt, but he did say they are not without question marks.
"They're going to compete, (but) the roster is young," Reynolds said. "I don't think the offense is going to be as prolific as most people think."
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.