Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Derrick Hall plans on being with D-backs for the long haul
Having done an excellent job rebuilding and re-branding Arizona, some think he would be a good fit as the league's next commissioner.
But if that is indeed in Hall's future, he's not actively pursuing it.
"I don't plan on going anywhere," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I'm home, we love it here, and I want to be in this job for the next 25, 30 years."
Hall said if he was "ever honored" to be in the conversation for a promotion like that he would address it then, but maintained there "are no plans" to go that route.
Hall has been with the Diamondbacks since May of 2005, when he joined the organization as senior vice president, communications. He's served the role as president since September 2006.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.