Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Derrick Hall plans on being with D-backs for the long haul
Having done an excellent job rebuilding and re-branding Arizona, some think he would be a good fit as the league's next commissioner.
But if that is indeed in Hall's future, he's not actively pursuing it.
"I don't plan on going anywhere," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I'm home, we love it here, and I want to be in this job for the next 25, 30 years."
Hall said if he was "ever honored" to be in the conversation for a promotion like that he would address it then, but maintained there "are no plans" to go that route.
Hall has been with the Diamondbacks since May of 2005, when he joined the organization as senior vice president, communications. He's served the role as president since September 2006.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.