Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:57 pm
Miley pitches well in D-backs' loss to Brewers
Miley was slated to throw three innings but after a long second inning in which he threw 31 pitches, manager Kirk Gibson decided that was enough work for the day.
On the injury front, outfielder Tony Campana left the game in the first inning after suffering a left hand laceration while sliding into second base on an attempted steal. Gibson said after the game that the injury required eight stitches and it was on his knuckle, barely missing the tendon in his hand. There was no official word on how long Campana will be shut down.
Didi Gregorius was the designated hitter Thursday for the D-backs. He was 1-for-4 with a strikeout. it was his first spring action after being sidelined with an elbow injury when he got to camp.
He said it:
Miley was asked if he worked on anything specific in this start against Milwaukee.
"I threw a couple curveballs that I was kind of happy with for strikes, located a whole lot better, more down in the zone. I'm really happy with the curveballs; it's kind of what I wanted to work on this spring, being able to throw that for strikes. I flipped a couple in there."
"I probably threw three or four (curve balls). For me, I might've thrown four all year last year."
The D-backs hit the road again and the play the Los Angeles Angels in a 1:15 p.m. first pitch. Randall Delgado is scheduled to make the start. Josh Collmenter, David Holmberg and Garrett Mock are also slated to pitch.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.