Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:57 pm
Miley pitches well in D-backs' loss to Brewers
Miley was slated to throw three innings but after a long second inning in which he threw 31 pitches, manager Kirk Gibson decided that was enough work for the day.
On the injury front, outfielder Tony Campana left the game in the first inning after suffering a left hand laceration while sliding into second base on an attempted steal. Gibson said after the game that the injury required eight stitches and it was on his knuckle, barely missing the tendon in his hand. There was no official word on how long Campana will be shut down.
Didi Gregorius was the designated hitter Thursday for the D-backs. He was 1-for-4 with a strikeout. it was his first spring action after being sidelined with an elbow injury when he got to camp.
He said it:
Miley was asked if he worked on anything specific in this start against Milwaukee.
"I threw a couple curveballs that I was kind of happy with for strikes, located a whole lot better, more down in the zone. I'm really happy with the curveballs; it's kind of what I wanted to work on this spring, being able to throw that for strikes. I flipped a couple in there."
"I probably threw three or four (curve balls). For me, I might've thrown four all year last year."
The D-backs hit the road again and the play the Los Angeles Angels in a 1:15 p.m. first pitch. Randall Delgado is scheduled to make the start. Josh Collmenter, David Holmberg and Garrett Mock are also slated to pitch.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?