Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 4:57 pm
Miley pitches well in D-backs' loss to Brewers
Miley was slated to throw three innings but after a long second inning in which he threw 31 pitches, manager Kirk Gibson decided that was enough work for the day.
On the injury front, outfielder Tony Campana left the game in the first inning after suffering a left hand laceration while sliding into second base on an attempted steal. Gibson said after the game that the injury required eight stitches and it was on his knuckle, barely missing the tendon in his hand. There was no official word on how long Campana will be shut down.
Didi Gregorius was the designated hitter Thursday for the D-backs. He was 1-for-4 with a strikeout. it was his first spring action after being sidelined with an elbow injury when he got to camp.
He said it:
Miley was asked if he worked on anything specific in this start against Milwaukee.
"I threw a couple curveballs that I was kind of happy with for strikes, located a whole lot better, more down in the zone. I'm really happy with the curveballs; it's kind of what I wanted to work on this spring, being able to throw that for strikes. I flipped a couple in there."
"I probably threw three or four (curve balls). For me, I might've thrown four all year last year."
The D-backs hit the road again and the play the Los Angeles Angels in a 1:15 p.m. first pitch. Randall Delgado is scheduled to make the start. Josh Collmenter, David Holmberg and Garrett Mock are also slated to pitch.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.