Updated Mar 2, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Rangers knock around Diamondbacks, Wade Miley
Once Miley exited, Randall Delgado took the mound for two innings. He gave up a run on three hits and now in two appearances is sporting a 15.00 ERA (five earned runs in three innings). Delgado is in the mix, along with Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin, for the fifth starter's spot in the rotation.
Offensively, the Diamondbacks collected nine hits -- two each by Paul Goldschmidt and Matt Davidson, who singled home the team's lone run in the bottom of the eighth. Goldschmidt is hitting .455 (5-for-11) in six games.
Aaron Hill was scratched from the starting lineup because of a tight left quad. "He's fine," manager Kirk Gibson said. "We ran the bases today. He took a lot of ground balls, made a comment to somebody on the training staff. I'm not going to fool around with it. There's no reason to do that."
He Said It:
"It didn't go great," Miley said. "I felt good though so I was kind of happy about that. Just getting back out there facing some hitters again, felt like the ball was coming out of my hand good. I wasn't locating the fastball; breaking stuff was okay. It's something to build off, definitely. "
Coming Up Next:
The Diamondbacks (4-4-1) play at the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants in Scottsdale Sunday, March 3. Josh Collmenter is the scheduled starter. Other pitchers expected to throw include David Holmberg, Eddie Bonine, Warner Madrigal, Eric Smith and Eury De la Rosa.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.