Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:45 pm
Diamondbacks knock off Cubs for another spring win
Starting pitcher Trevor Cahill pitched two innings while giving up two earned runs, two hits, one walk and two strikeouts. This was Cahill's first start of the spring, and he wasn't overjoyed or upset with is performance.
"Not too bad," he said. "Just try to throw strikes and get the feel for pitching in a game again. I've had worse."
Cahill also said that it's been a different schedule this spring due to the World Baseball Classic. Pitchers and catchers reported on February 11th, but this was his first game action.
"The last time I threw to hitters was over a week ago and it feels like forever. I threw two or three bullpens and now facing hitters again, it just feels like it was a long time."
Patrick Corbin came in for Cahill in the third inning and had another solid outing. He threw three innings, giving up three hits but allowing no earned runs while striking out four with one walk.
On the offensive side, former Cub Tony Campana, who was acquired in a trade on Feb. 18, was 2-for-2 with two RBI against his former team.
Up Next: The Diamondbacks will host the Texas Rangers on Saturday at Salt River Fields in a 1:10 pm first pitch. Wade Miley will make the start for Arizona and Matt Harrison will be on the hill for the Rangers. Also scheduled to pitch for the D-backs are Randall Delgado, Chase Anderson, Brad Ziegler, Matt Reynolds, Warner Madrigal and Joe Paterson.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.