Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:45 pm
Diamondbacks knock off Cubs for another spring win
Starting pitcher Trevor Cahill pitched two innings while giving up two earned runs, two hits, one walk and two strikeouts. This was Cahill's first start of the spring, and he wasn't overjoyed or upset with is performance.
"Not too bad," he said. "Just try to throw strikes and get the feel for pitching in a game again. I've had worse."
Cahill also said that it's been a different schedule this spring due to the World Baseball Classic. Pitchers and catchers reported on February 11th, but this was his first game action.
"The last time I threw to hitters was over a week ago and it feels like forever. I threw two or three bullpens and now facing hitters again, it just feels like it was a long time."
Patrick Corbin came in for Cahill in the third inning and had another solid outing. He threw three innings, giving up three hits but allowing no earned runs while striking out four with one walk.
On the offensive side, former Cub Tony Campana, who was acquired in a trade on Feb. 18, was 2-for-2 with two RBI against his former team.
Up Next: The Diamondbacks will host the Texas Rangers on Saturday at Salt River Fields in a 1:10 pm first pitch. Wade Miley will make the start for Arizona and Matt Harrison will be on the hill for the Rangers. Also scheduled to pitch for the D-backs are Randall Delgado, Chase Anderson, Brad Ziegler, Matt Reynolds, Warner Madrigal and Joe Paterson.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.