Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:45 pm
Diamondbacks knock off Cubs for another spring win
Starting pitcher Trevor Cahill pitched two innings while giving up two earned runs, two hits, one walk and two strikeouts. This was Cahill's first start of the spring, and he wasn't overjoyed or upset with is performance.
"Not too bad," he said. "Just try to throw strikes and get the feel for pitching in a game again. I've had worse."
Cahill also said that it's been a different schedule this spring due to the World Baseball Classic. Pitchers and catchers reported on February 11th, but this was his first game action.
"The last time I threw to hitters was over a week ago and it feels like forever. I threw two or three bullpens and now facing hitters again, it just feels like it was a long time."
Patrick Corbin came in for Cahill in the third inning and had another solid outing. He threw three innings, giving up three hits but allowing no earned runs while striking out four with one walk.
On the offensive side, former Cub Tony Campana, who was acquired in a trade on Feb. 18, was 2-for-2 with two RBI against his former team.
Up Next: The Diamondbacks will host the Texas Rangers on Saturday at Salt River Fields in a 1:10 pm first pitch. Wade Miley will make the start for Arizona and Matt Harrison will be on the hill for the Rangers. Also scheduled to pitch for the D-backs are Randall Delgado, Chase Anderson, Brad Ziegler, Matt Reynolds, Warner Madrigal and Joe Paterson.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.