Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Diamondbacks rotation begins to take shape
The six-year veteran had a 15-12 record with a 4.02 ERA in 2012, but went 21-4 with a 2.88 ERA in 2011.
Following Kennedy will be Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley and Brandon McCarthy in that order, according to Gibson.
Cahill put together a 13-12 record with a 3.78 ERA in his first year as a D-back in 2012.
Miley led all D-backs starters with 16 wins and a 3.33 ERA as a rookie last season.
In Oakland, McCarthy started the 2012 season with a 8-6 record and 3.24 ERA for the A's before a season-ending concussion put him out in September.
The fifth spot in the rotation is still up for grabs between Randall Delgado, Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.