Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Diamondbacks rotation begins to take shape
The six-year veteran had a 15-12 record with a 4.02 ERA in 2012, but went 21-4 with a 2.88 ERA in 2011.
Following Kennedy will be Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley and Brandon McCarthy in that order, according to Gibson.
Cahill put together a 13-12 record with a 3.78 ERA in his first year as a D-back in 2012.
Miley led all D-backs starters with 16 wins and a 3.33 ERA as a rookie last season.
In Oakland, McCarthy started the 2012 season with a 8-6 record and 3.24 ERA for the A's before a season-ending concussion put him out in September.
The fifth spot in the rotation is still up for grabs between Randall Delgado, Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.