Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Diamondbacks rotation begins to take shape
The six-year veteran had a 15-12 record with a 4.02 ERA in 2012, but went 21-4 with a 2.88 ERA in 2011.
Following Kennedy will be Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley and Brandon McCarthy in that order, according to Gibson.
Cahill put together a 13-12 record with a 3.78 ERA in his first year as a D-back in 2012.
Miley led all D-backs starters with 16 wins and a 3.33 ERA as a rookie last season.
In Oakland, McCarthy started the 2012 season with a 8-6 record and 3.24 ERA for the A's before a season-ending concussion put him out in September.
The fifth spot in the rotation is still up for grabs between Randall Delgado, Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.