Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 11:57 am
D-backs first three starters: Skaggs, Corbin and Delgado
As of now there appears to be no favorite between the three. Skaggs is the more highly-touted and Delgado the most experienced, but Corbin pitched well in 17 starts for the D-backs last season.
"You're looking at the total package," Gibson said Wednesday. "It' just not them throwing the ball, though that's the most important part of it, but they still need to be able to do all the other things."
Gibson did acknowledge that the pitchers' respective Cactus League performances will play a part in his decision, but other factors will be considered.
"The thing about spring training is you've got to watch how much it influences you," Gibson said. "Some guys will have great springs but the experience part and what they did last year certainly will factor in as well.
"It's a different game when the regular season starts, no question about it."
The Diamondbacks will open their spring slate Saturday against the Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale at 1:10 p.m.
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.