Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 11:57 am
D-backs first three starters: Skaggs, Corbin and Delgado
As of now there appears to be no favorite between the three. Skaggs is the more highly-touted and Delgado the most experienced, but Corbin pitched well in 17 starts for the D-backs last season.
"You're looking at the total package," Gibson said Wednesday. "It' just not them throwing the ball, though that's the most important part of it, but they still need to be able to do all the other things."
Gibson did acknowledge that the pitchers' respective Cactus League performances will play a part in his decision, but other factors will be considered.
"The thing about spring training is you've got to watch how much it influences you," Gibson said. "Some guys will have great springs but the experience part and what they did last year certainly will factor in as well.
"It's a different game when the regular season starts, no question about it."
The Diamondbacks will open their spring slate Saturday against the Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale at 1:10 p.m.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.