Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 11:57 am
D-backs first three starters: Skaggs, Corbin and Delgado
As of now there appears to be no favorite between the three. Skaggs is the more highly-touted and Delgado the most experienced, but Corbin pitched well in 17 starts for the D-backs last season.
"You're looking at the total package," Gibson said Wednesday. "It' just not them throwing the ball, though that's the most important part of it, but they still need to be able to do all the other things."
Gibson did acknowledge that the pitchers' respective Cactus League performances will play a part in his decision, but other factors will be considered.
"The thing about spring training is you've got to watch how much it influences you," Gibson said. "Some guys will have great springs but the experience part and what they did last year certainly will factor in as well.
"It's a different game when the regular season starts, no question about it."
The Diamondbacks will open their spring slate Saturday against the Colorado Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale at 1:10 p.m.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?