Updated Feb 15, 2013 - 4:38 pm
D-backs' Kennedy: 'Hard to get through' to Trevor Bauer
One person that hadn't yet heard the track was D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy. Until Friday, when he went on the air with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo from his team's spring training home at the Salt River Fields.
"I want that minute of my life back," Kennedy said.
When offered $500 to use the rap as his walk-up song one time next season, Kennedy declined.
"I will never do that," he responded. "No, not for me."
Kennedy said he tried reaching out to the rookie, who made only five starts, during his major league stint.
"I tried talking to him a little bit, about two to three starts into it," Kennedy said. "I knew that he and Miggy weren't getting along and I just said, ‘hey, have you tried talking to Miggy?' and he said, ‘yeah, I talked to him today.' I said, ‘okay,' because the next day he was starting."
The veteran said he had worked through his own issues with Montero in the past and decided to offer the young pitcher advice from his own experience, but was unsuccessful in doing so.
"Miggy and I butted heads before but it was probably the best thing that happened and I told him about that. I said, ‘you just got to get over it and talk to him … I know you throw different than most guys but you still got to tell him what your game plan is and if it's changing you need to talk to him in between innings'.
"I tried and it was pretty hard to get through," Kennedy said.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.