Updated Feb 15, 2013 - 4:38 pm
D-backs' Kennedy: 'Hard to get through' to Trevor Bauer
One person that hadn't yet heard the track was D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy. Until Friday, when he went on the air with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo from his team's spring training home at the Salt River Fields.
"I want that minute of my life back," Kennedy said.
When offered $500 to use the rap as his walk-up song one time next season, Kennedy declined.
"I will never do that," he responded. "No, not for me."
Kennedy said he tried reaching out to the rookie, who made only five starts, during his major league stint.
"I tried talking to him a little bit, about two to three starts into it," Kennedy said. "I knew that he and Miggy weren't getting along and I just said, ‘hey, have you tried talking to Miggy?' and he said, ‘yeah, I talked to him today.' I said, ‘okay,' because the next day he was starting."
The veteran said he had worked through his own issues with Montero in the past and decided to offer the young pitcher advice from his own experience, but was unsuccessful in doing so.
"Miggy and I butted heads before but it was probably the best thing that happened and I told him about that. I said, ‘you just got to get over it and talk to him … I know you throw different than most guys but you still got to tell him what your game plan is and if it's changing you need to talk to him in between innings'.
"I tried and it was pretty hard to get through," Kennedy said.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.