Updated Feb 15, 2013 - 12:12 pm
Diamondbacks Derrick Hall honored with Shover Award
The annual award is presented to the individual who volunteers their time and effort promoting the Arizona blood supply.
The Community Leadership Council of United Blood Services honored Hall and the D-backs for their dedication to the promotion of the UBS community blood program in order to change and save lives.
"I am honored to have my name associated with Bill Shover and to accept this award on behalf of the D-backs," said Hall. "Donating is a simple way to help others in the community so we have always done all that we can to help UBS and encourage those around us to do their part."
Over the years, Hall has encouraged the donation of blood by offering donors free tickets to D-backs games, including a raffle for a pair of suite tickets.
The D-backs give $19 million in charitable donations since Hall took over seven years ago.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.