Updated Feb 15, 2013 - 12:12 pm
Diamondbacks Derrick Hall honored with Shover Award
The annual award is presented to the individual who volunteers their time and effort promoting the Arizona blood supply.
The Community Leadership Council of United Blood Services honored Hall and the D-backs for their dedication to the promotion of the UBS community blood program in order to change and save lives.
"I am honored to have my name associated with Bill Shover and to accept this award on behalf of the D-backs," said Hall. "Donating is a simple way to help others in the community so we have always done all that we can to help UBS and encourage those around us to do their part."
Over the years, Hall has encouraged the donation of blood by offering donors free tickets to D-backs games, including a raffle for a pair of suite tickets.
The D-backs give $19 million in charitable donations since Hall took over seven years ago.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.