Updated Feb 15, 2013 - 12:12 pm
Diamondbacks Derrick Hall honored with Shover Award
The annual award is presented to the individual who volunteers their time and effort promoting the Arizona blood supply.
The Community Leadership Council of United Blood Services honored Hall and the D-backs for their dedication to the promotion of the UBS community blood program in order to change and save lives.
"I am honored to have my name associated with Bill Shover and to accept this award on behalf of the D-backs," said Hall. "Donating is a simple way to help others in the community so we have always done all that we can to help UBS and encourage those around us to do their part."
Over the years, Hall has encouraged the donation of blood by offering donors free tickets to D-backs games, including a raffle for a pair of suite tickets.
The D-backs give $19 million in charitable donations since Hall took over seven years ago.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.