Diamondbacks Derrick Hall honored with Shover Award
The annual award is presented to the individual who volunteers their time and effort promoting the Arizona blood supply.
The Community Leadership Council of United Blood Services honored Hall and the D-backs for their dedication to the promotion of the UBS community blood program in order to change and save lives.
"I am honored to have my name associated with Bill Shover and to accept this award on behalf of the D-backs," said Hall. "Donating is a simple way to help others in the community so we have always done all that we can to help UBS and encourage those around us to do their part."
Over the years, Hall has encouraged the donation of blood by offering donors free tickets to D-backs games, including a raffle for a pair of suite tickets.
The D-backs give $19 million in charitable donations since Hall took over seven years ago.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer