Updated Feb 8, 2013 - 8:58 am
D-backs, Aaron Hill agree on three-year extension
Hill, 30, is coming off a very good season in 2012 -- his first full year with the Diamondbacks. Hill hit 26 home runs, knocked in 85 runs and hit a team-leading .302. He won the Silver Slugger Award for National League second basemen.
Hill also became the first major league player to hit for the cycle twice in one season since Brooklyn's Babe Herman did it in 1931. Hill hit for the cycle on June 18 in a 7-1 win over the Seattle Mariners. Eleven days later, he turned the trick again in a 9-3 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Diamondbacks acquired Hill in a trade with the Toronto Blue Jays in August of 2011 that also brought shortstop John McDonald to the desert and sent second baseman Kelly Johnson north of the border.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.