Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 10:05 am
D-backs avoid arbitration with Gerardo Parra, sign OF to one-year deal
The move means the sides avoided arbitration.
Parra, who spent most of last season as the team's fourth outfielder, figures to contend for a starting spot this season following the trade of Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves.
Parra, 25, batted .273 with 7 home runs and 36 RBI in 133 games last season. In 2010 he hit .292 with 8 home runs and 46 RBI, but made his mark on defense by winning a Gold Glove for his play in left field.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?