Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 10:05 am
D-backs avoid arbitration with Gerardo Parra, sign OF to one-year deal
The move means the sides avoided arbitration.
Parra, who spent most of last season as the team's fourth outfielder, figures to contend for a starting spot this season following the trade of Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves.
Parra, 25, batted .273 with 7 home runs and 36 RBI in 133 games last season. In 2010 he hit .292 with 8 home runs and 46 RBI, but made his mark on defense by winning a Gold Glove for his play in left field.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.