Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 10:05 am
D-backs avoid arbitration with Gerardo Parra, sign OF to one-year deal
The move means the sides avoided arbitration.
Parra, who spent most of last season as the team's fourth outfielder, figures to contend for a starting spot this season following the trade of Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves.
Parra, 25, batted .273 with 7 home runs and 36 RBI in 133 games last season. In 2010 he hit .292 with 8 home runs and 46 RBI, but made his mark on defense by winning a Gold Glove for his play in left field.
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.