Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Mark Grace sentenced to jail in DUI case
A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said Grace will be allowed out of jail for work while he serves the sentence beginning Feb. 10.
Court spokesman Vincent Funari says the sentence also includes two years of probation.
"A really poor decision on my part has landed myself in a lot of trouble, my family in a lot of trouble," Grace said. "And nobody feels worse about it than I do, nobody feels worse about it than my children do.
"One thing I've always taught my children is to be accountable, and now it's time for dad to be accountable."
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs was fired after he was arrested last August in Scottsdale -- his second drunken driving arrest in 15 months.
Grace had pleaded not guilty in October to four felony counts of aggravated DUI and was scheduled to go on trial March 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.