Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Mark Grace sentenced to jail in DUI case
A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said Grace will be allowed out of jail for work while he serves the sentence beginning Feb. 10.
Court spokesman Vincent Funari says the sentence also includes two years of probation.
"A really poor decision on my part has landed myself in a lot of trouble, my family in a lot of trouble," Grace said. "And nobody feels worse about it than I do, nobody feels worse about it than my children do.
"One thing I've always taught my children is to be accountable, and now it's time for dad to be accountable."
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs was fired after he was arrested last August in Scottsdale -- his second drunken driving arrest in 15 months.
Grace had pleaded not guilty in October to four felony counts of aggravated DUI and was scheduled to go on trial March 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.