Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Mark Grace sentenced to jail in DUI case
A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said Grace will be allowed out of jail for work while he serves the sentence beginning Feb. 10.
Court spokesman Vincent Funari says the sentence also includes two years of probation.
"A really poor decision on my part has landed myself in a lot of trouble, my family in a lot of trouble," Grace said. "And nobody feels worse about it than I do, nobody feels worse about it than my children do.
"One thing I've always taught my children is to be accountable, and now it's time for dad to be accountable."
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs was fired after he was arrested last August in Scottsdale -- his second drunken driving arrest in 15 months.
Grace had pleaded not guilty in October to four felony counts of aggravated DUI and was scheduled to go on trial March 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.