Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 10:39 am
D-backs possibly not done dealing
According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, busy Arizona GM Kevin Towers might not be done yet.
Ahmed is a 22-year-old shortstop the Diamondbacks received in the Atlanta deal. But with Didi Gregorius already in the mix from an early offseason maneuver, he could be considered only trade bait for Arizona.
Porcello has been rumored as a target for the Diamondbacks before. The 24-year-old right-hander has four full seasons of big league experience under his belt. He's gone 48-42 with a 4.55 ERA for the Detroit Tigers.
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.