Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 9:26 am
Diamondbacks land former All-Star Martin Prado
In trading a 25-year-old former All-Star who many believe has yet to reach his peak, the D-backs certainly took a risk.
Of course, they did get back an All-Star of their own in the trade.
Martin Prado, 29, comes to Arizona on the heels of a season in which he hit .301 with 10 home runs and 70 RBI. He was an All-Star in 2010, when he hit .307 with 15 home runs and 66 RBI.
He comes to the desert with ability to play multiple positions, as well as a reputation for being an excellent clubhouse guy.
He's also kind of expensive.
Prado has one year left on his contract, and was going through arbitration with the Braves. The player requested $7.05 million and was offered $6.65 million.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.