Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Kevin Towers juggling trade rumors, vacation plans
Wednesday, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Atlanta Braves are hotly pursuing Upton, who would join his older brother B.J. in the Atlanta outfield.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports also reported that the Baltimore Orioles are interested in bringing Kubel back to the American League, where he spent the first seven years of his big league career.
Wednesday afternoon, Rosenthal put out another interesting tweet concerning the timetable of when the baseball world could expect a move.
#Diamondbacks GM Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday. Would prefer to move either Upton or Kubel by then. But it's not a deadline.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 23, 2013
But vacation hasn't been a reason to stop Towers from wheeling and dealing before. According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Towers inked Jason Kubel to a two-year deal while on vacation.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.