Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Kevin Towers juggling trade rumors, vacation plans
Wednesday, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Atlanta Braves are hotly pursuing Upton, who would join his older brother B.J. in the Atlanta outfield.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports also reported that the Baltimore Orioles are interested in bringing Kubel back to the American League, where he spent the first seven years of his big league career.
Wednesday afternoon, Rosenthal put out another interesting tweet concerning the timetable of when the baseball world could expect a move.
#Diamondbacks GM Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday. Would prefer to move either Upton or Kubel by then. But it's not a deadline.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 23, 2013
But vacation hasn't been a reason to stop Towers from wheeling and dealing before. According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Towers inked Jason Kubel to a two-year deal while on vacation.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.