Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Kevin Towers juggling trade rumors, vacation plans
Wednesday, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Atlanta Braves are hotly pursuing Upton, who would join his older brother B.J. in the Atlanta outfield.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports also reported that the Baltimore Orioles are interested in bringing Kubel back to the American League, where he spent the first seven years of his big league career.
Wednesday afternoon, Rosenthal put out another interesting tweet concerning the timetable of when the baseball world could expect a move.
#Diamondbacks GM Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday. Would prefer to move either Upton or Kubel by then. But it's not a deadline.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 23, 2013
But vacation hasn't been a reason to stop Towers from wheeling and dealing before. According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Towers inked Jason Kubel to a two-year deal while on vacation.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?