MLB insiders: Atlanta Braves hard after Justin Upton
According to ESPN MLB insider Buster Olney the team would like to move either Upton or Jason Kubel by Friday.
And it appears a frontrunner may have emerged for the right fielder's services.
D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They're likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
The Diamondbacks have been reviewing the Braves' offer for Upton; some folks involved feel like it's a strong offer.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
It's unclear what a "strong offer" would entail, though Fox Sports MLB insider has some ideas.
According to Yahoo.com, the Braves package for Upton features top pitching prospect Julio Teheran as the centerpiece.
No matter what, though, it appears something may be done in the next couple of days. And while there may be some upset folks over what the deal might be, at least the drama may finally come to an end.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.