Report: D-backs have interest in Rick Porcello
At least this one doesn't involve Justin Upton -- at least not yet.
According to Fox Sports baseball scribe Jon Paul Morosi, the Diamondbacks have shown interest in Detroit Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello.
Porcello, who just turned 24 in December, already has won 48 games in four Major League seasons with the Tigers.
Last season Porcello went 10-12 for the American League champs, posting a 4.59 ERA with 107 strikeouts and 44 walks in 176.1 innings.
The Diamondbacks have unloaded some starting pitching this offseason, sending young right hander Trevor Bauer to the Cleveland Indians in a trade that secured shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius. But they still have a glut of pitchers and only five rotation spots to fill.
MLBTradeRumors.com also indicates that the Seattle Mariners have interest in dealing for Porcello.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.