Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 8:17 am
Report: D-backs have interest in Rick Porcello
At least this one doesn't involve Justin Upton -- at least not yet.
According to Fox Sports baseball scribe Jon Paul Morosi, the Diamondbacks have shown interest in Detroit Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello.
Porcello, who just turned 24 in December, already has won 48 games in four Major League seasons with the Tigers.
Last season Porcello went 10-12 for the American League champs, posting a 4.59 ERA with 107 strikeouts and 44 walks in 176.1 innings.
The Diamondbacks have unloaded some starting pitching this offseason, sending young right hander Trevor Bauer to the Cleveland Indians in a trade that secured shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius. But they still have a glut of pitchers and only five rotation spots to fill.
MLBTradeRumors.com also indicates that the Seattle Mariners have interest in dealing for Porcello.
- Report: D-backs bring back 3B Eric Chavez for 2014 season
- D-backs GM: Archie Bradley has chance to be 'special in a hurry'
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks have not signed reliever Jose Valverde to minor-league deal
- Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: 'There will be competition' for closer spot
- Report: RHP Addison Reed could be flipped for future trade
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.