Report: D-backs have interest in Rick Porcello
At least this one doesn't involve Justin Upton -- at least not yet.
According to Fox Sports baseball scribe Jon Paul Morosi, the Diamondbacks have shown interest in Detroit Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello.
Porcello, who just turned 24 in December, already has won 48 games in four Major League seasons with the Tigers.
Last season Porcello went 10-12 for the American League champs, posting a 4.59 ERA with 107 strikeouts and 44 walks in 176.1 innings.
The Diamondbacks have unloaded some starting pitching this offseason, sending young right hander Trevor Bauer to the Cleveland Indians in a trade that secured shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius. But they still have a glut of pitchers and only five rotation spots to fill.
MLBTradeRumors.com also indicates that the Seattle Mariners have interest in dealing for Porcello.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.