Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 8:17 am
Report: D-backs have interest in Rick Porcello
At least this one doesn't involve Justin Upton -- at least not yet.
According to Fox Sports baseball scribe Jon Paul Morosi, the Diamondbacks have shown interest in Detroit Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello.
Porcello, who just turned 24 in December, already has won 48 games in four Major League seasons with the Tigers.
Last season Porcello went 10-12 for the American League champs, posting a 4.59 ERA with 107 strikeouts and 44 walks in 176.1 innings.
The Diamondbacks have unloaded some starting pitching this offseason, sending young right hander Trevor Bauer to the Cleveland Indians in a trade that secured shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius. But they still have a glut of pitchers and only five rotation spots to fill.
MLBTradeRumors.com also indicates that the Seattle Mariners have interest in dealing for Porcello.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.