Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 2:52 pm
Turner Ward becomes D-backs assistant hitting coach
Mobile is the Double-A affiliate of the D-backs.
Ward served as the Bay Bears manager for two seasons, leading the team to back-to-back Southern League championships. They were also honored as Baseball America's Minor League Team of the Year in 2011.
In two seasons as Mobile's skipper, Ward posted an overall record of 153-124.
Ward played in the Major Leagues from 1990 to 2001 for six different teams, including a 25-game stint with the Diamondbacks in 1999 and 2000. In his career, Ward hit .251 (389-for-1,548) with 39 home runs and 219 runs batted in.
Another former Diamondback, Andy Green, is expected to take over Ward's managerial post.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.