Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 2:52 pm
Turner Ward becomes D-backs assistant hitting coach
Mobile is the Double-A affiliate of the D-backs.
Ward served as the Bay Bears manager for two seasons, leading the team to back-to-back Southern League championships. They were also honored as Baseball America's Minor League Team of the Year in 2011.
In two seasons as Mobile's skipper, Ward posted an overall record of 153-124.
Ward played in the Major Leagues from 1990 to 2001 for six different teams, including a 25-game stint with the Diamondbacks in 1999 and 2000. In his career, Ward hit .251 (389-for-1,548) with 39 home runs and 219 runs batted in.
Another former Diamondback, Andy Green, is expected to take over Ward's managerial post.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.