Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 2:52 pm
Turner Ward becomes D-backs assistant hitting coach
Mobile is the Double-A affiliate of the D-backs.
Ward served as the Bay Bears manager for two seasons, leading the team to back-to-back Southern League championships. They were also honored as Baseball America's Minor League Team of the Year in 2011.
In two seasons as Mobile's skipper, Ward posted an overall record of 153-124.
Ward played in the Major Leagues from 1990 to 2001 for six different teams, including a 25-game stint with the Diamondbacks in 1999 and 2000. In his career, Ward hit .251 (389-for-1,548) with 39 home runs and 219 runs batted in.
Another former Diamondback, Andy Green, is expected to take over Ward's managerial post.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.