Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 3:46 pm
Gambo: D-backs never close to trading Upton to Texas
Over the last few days, the most prominent and frequent rumors have had the Texas Rangers strongly pursuing Upton. Friday morning, MLB Network's Peter Gammons went as far to tweet that he witnessed a Rangers official telling an official from the Houston Astros that they had landed Upton.
Not so fast, says Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro on Twitter.
Contrary to reports the Diamondbacks were never close to trading Justin Upton to Texas, that report is 100% false!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
Acknowledging the absent punctuation that muddles the meaning, the Diamondbacks were never close to making the deal with Texas.
Gambadoro acknowledged in a phone conversation that Arizona does hold Texas shortstops Elvis Andrus and Jurickson Profar in high regard, but Texas isn't interested in moving either player right now.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.