D-backs agree to terms with free agent pitcher Brandon McCarthy
Diamondbacks have agreed to a deal with 29-year old free agent right handed pitcher Brandon McCarthy pending a physical— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
McCarthy went 8-6 with a 3.24 ERA in 18 starts for the Oakland Athletics in 2012. The 6-foot-7 right-hander had his season cut short when he was struck in the head by a line drive off the bat of Los Angeles Angels infielder Erick Aybar. Oakland had termed the injury "life-threatening" immediately following, but the veteran was medically cleared to return to baseball last month.
In his seven-year career, McCarthy has posted a 37-39 record in 153 games (99 starts) with a 4.02 ERA. He was Oakland's opening day starter in 2012.
According to Nick Piecoro of AZCentral, the deal is worth $15.5 million over two years.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer