D-backs agree to terms with free agent pitcher Brandon McCarthy
Diamondbacks have agreed to a deal with 29-year old free agent right handed pitcher Brandon McCarthy pending a physical— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 7, 2012
McCarthy went 8-6 with a 3.24 ERA in 18 starts for the Oakland Athletics in 2012. The 6-foot-7 right-hander had his season cut short when he was struck in the head by a line drive off the bat of Los Angeles Angels infielder Erick Aybar. Oakland had termed the injury "life-threatening" immediately following, but the veteran was medically cleared to return to baseball last month.
In his seven-year career, McCarthy has posted a 37-39 record in 153 games (99 starts) with a 4.02 ERA. He was Oakland's opening day starter in 2012.
According to Nick Piecoro of AZCentral, the deal is worth $15.5 million over two years.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.