Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Report: Diamondbacks sign veteran Eric Hinske
Sources: #Diamondbacks sign Eric Hinske to one-year contract.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2012
Hinske, 35, has played 11 Major League seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, Tampa Bay Rays, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates and Atlanta Braves.
Hinske was the American League Rookie of the year after hitting 24 home runs and driving in 84 runs as a Blue Jay in 2002, and is a career .250 hitter with 136 home runs and 516 RBI. Hinske is coming off a season in which he hit .197 with two home runs and 13 RBI in 132 at bats for Atlanta.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.