Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Report: Diamondbacks sign veteran Eric Hinske
Sources: #Diamondbacks sign Eric Hinske to one-year contract.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2012
Hinske, 35, has played 11 Major League seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, Tampa Bay Rays, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates and Atlanta Braves.
Hinske was the American League Rookie of the year after hitting 24 home runs and driving in 84 runs as a Blue Jay in 2002, and is a career .250 hitter with 136 home runs and 516 RBI. Hinske is coming off a season in which he hit .197 with two home runs and 13 RBI in 132 at bats for Atlanta.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.