Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Report: Diamondbacks sign veteran Eric Hinske
Sources: #Diamondbacks sign Eric Hinske to one-year contract.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2012
Hinske, 35, has played 11 Major League seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, Tampa Bay Rays, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates and Atlanta Braves.
Hinske was the American League Rookie of the year after hitting 24 home runs and driving in 84 runs as a Blue Jay in 2002, and is a career .250 hitter with 136 home runs and 516 RBI. Hinske is coming off a season in which he hit .197 with two home runs and 13 RBI in 132 at bats for Atlanta.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.